Monday, March 28, 2011

Homemade udon miso

Is udon miso allowable? I always feel a bit overwhelmed when trying to cook Japanese at home. It seems that the rules are so strict and that certain things shouldn't go with other things - like udon and miso. But in reality, I imagine just like anywhere, whatever you want to put together that perks the tate buds is fine.

Above is my udon miso with purple potatoes, yukon golds leeks, spring onions, thai chiles and cilantro. I threw some dried shrip in at the end for my bowl, leaving Kathleen's deviod, of course. For her we put in some smoked jalepeno firm tofu from a local place in the East bay - better than the shrimp.

I parboiled the potatoes before hand, heated the miso up and then threw everything in to steep for 10 minutes. Start to finish, 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment